Your Ems Toner 10 product is suitable for use by healthy adults over the age of 18 years old. Always follow the guidelines below and read the instruction manual before use. Always consult your physician with questions before using your EMS device.
Do not use if:
- You have an electronic implant (e.g. cardiac pacemaker or defibrillator - as your Ems Toner 10 product may interfere with the proper functioning of the implanted stimulator) or suffer from any other heart problem.
- You have any other form of implant in regions where you are placing the EMS (adbdomin, biceps, buttocks). The safety has not been established for the use of electronic muscle stimulators over implants.
- You are pregnant.
- You suffer from cancer. The effects of electronic stimulation on cancerous tissue are unknown.
- Wearing the device requires placement over areas at which drugs/medicines are administered by injection.
- You are under medical supervision for cognitive dysfunction as you may not be able to comply with safety instructions.
- The controller is in close proximity 3 ft to shortwave or microwave therapy equipment or you are connected to high-frequency surgical equipment , because of the risk of device malfunction due to electronic interference.
- The long-term effects of chronic electronic stimulation are unknown.
- The product Should not be used while sleeping, because you cannot react to safety information.
Wait before using your EMS product until:
- At least 6 weeks after the birth of your baby. You must consult your doctor before use.
- At least 3 months after having a Caesarean section. You must consult your doctor before use.
- One month after an IUD contraceptive device (e.g., coil) has been fitted. You must consult your doctor before use.
- The heavy days of your period have finished because vigorous abdominal exercise is not recommended at this time.
When applying the gel pads and belt, always remember to:
- Place the GelPads and belt ONLY on the muscles as indicated in this manual.
- Avoid placing the GelPads or belt on the front or sides of the neck, across or through the heart (i.e. one GelPad on the front of the chest and one on the back), in the genital region or on the head, because of the risk of stimulating inappropriate muscles and organs.
- Avoid application of electrodes near the thorax, as this may increase the risk of cardiac fibrillation. • Avoid any recent scars, broken or inflamed skin, areas of infection or susceptibility to acne, thrombosis or other vascular problems (e.g. varicose veins), or any parts of the body where feeling is limited. • Avoid areas of injury or restricted movement (e.g. fractures or sprains).
- Avoid placing the GelPads over metal implants. They may be placed on the nearest muscles. PRECAUTIONS:
- Caution should be used for patients with suspected or diagnosed epilepsy. • Caution should be used in the following: - When there is a tendency to bleed internally following an injury or fracture. - Following recent surgical procedures when electronic stimulation may disrupt the healing process - Over areas of skin which lack normal sensation
- Your product Is not intended for medical use, for the treatment of any medical condition, or for any permanent physical changes.
Get your doctor’s permission before using your EMS product if:
- You wish to use your EMS product and have a bad back. You should also ensure the intensity is kept low.
- You have any serious illness or injury not mentioned in this guide. • You have recently undergone a surgical procedure.
- You take insulin for diabetes.
- You want to use it on a young child.
- You suffer from muscle or joint problems.
- You use the product as part of a rehabilitation program. Adverse reactions:
- Skin irritations and burns have been reported with the use of powered muscle stimulators.
- On very rare occasions, first-time users of EMS have reported feeling light-headed or faint. We recommend that you use the product while seated until you become accustomed to the sensation.
To reposition Gel pads during a session:
- Always pause the program currently running, unfasten the belt and then refasten it behind your back after the GelPads’ positions have been adjusted. After strenuous exercise or exertion:
- Always use a lower intensity to avoid muscle fatigue.
Contact our support team if:
- Your product is not working correctly. Do not use in the meantime.
- You experience any irritation, skin reaction, hypersensitivity, or other adverse reaction. You should, however, note that some reddening of the skin under the belt is quite normal during and for a short time after an exercise session. Note:
- An effective session should not cause undue discomfort.
- For first time users, muscle stimulation can be an unusual sensation. We recommend that you begin in a seated position with low stimulation intensity settings to familiarize yourself with the sensation before progressing to higher intensity settings.
- Keep your product out of the reach of children.
- The studs and gel pads must not be connected to other objects.
- Do not use the product at the same time as any other device which transfers an electrical current into the body (e.g., another muscle stimulator).
- Do not touch the gel pads or metal studs while the controller is switched on.
- Do not use while driving, operating machinery or cycling or during any activity in which involuntary muscle contractions may put the user at undue risk of injury.
- The belt is for single person use only.
- Cease using the product if you are feeling light headed or faint. Consult your doctor if this happens.
- Do not over exert yourself when using muscle stimulation. Any workout should be at a level comfortable for you.
- Do not use the product if you are wearing a belly-button ring. Remove the ring before you begin a session.
- Ems Toner 10 will not accept responsibility if the guidelines and instructions supplied with this product are not followed.
- Note: If you are in any doubt about using your EMS product for any reason, please consult your doctor before use.